New 2011 Dodge Challenger Delivers Upgraded Performance, Handling, Style and Val
· New 2011 Dodge Challenger is designed for customers who are young at heart and are passionate about performance driving
· Efficient performance: new Dodge Challenger SE delivers 55 more horsepower (now 305 horsepower) with 268 lb.-ft. of torque, packaged in a lighter aluminum engine for near 50/50 weight distribution and offers the new Super Sport Group with performance suspension, brakes and wider 20-inch wheels and tires
· New Dodge-tuned second-generation E-segment chassis architecture delivers maximum grip for a 0.90 g on the skid pad
· Newly added standard equipment: includes Keyless Enter-N Go, automatic climate control, seat-mounted side pelvic-thorax air bags, 18-inch aluminum wheels and more
· Developed using Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and built with world-class craftsmanship, the 2011 Challenger delivers world-class levels of refinement and precision
The new 2011 Dodge Challenger delivers more of what muscle-car enthusiasts want — a more powerful and efficient engine lineup, maximum grip with an all-new performance suspension design and even more athletic styling — all executed with quality and precision.
“To deliver the most thrilling to drive Challenger lineup ever, Dodge upgraded the iconic coupe’s performance hardware for maximum precision and grip,” said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO — Dodge Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “From its lighter aluminum Pentastar V-6 engine with 305 standard horsepower, redesigned aluminum suspension geometry with aggressive negative camber for better cornering grip, improved feel and fade-resistant braking, to a near-balanced 50/50 weight distribution, the new 2011 Dodge Challenger has the hardware to compete.”
Improved Agility, High-speed Stability and Braking Performance
The new 2011 Dodge Challenger combines world-class ride, refinement and braking performance with more power and new track-tuned suspensions to deliver a thrilling driving experience.
Redesigned to handle the all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine’s 305 horsepower (227 kW) — 55 more horsepower than the previous V-6 engine — the new 2011 Dodge Challenger SE features a new road-gripping touring-tuned suspension with wider 18-inch wheels and tires for added control. In addition, a revised brake-pedal ratio and refined brake booster improve braking response and feel.
Upping the ante for 2011, the new Challenger Rallye with the Super Sport Group features an all-new performance-tuned suspension with larger performance-disc brakes, performance steering, larger and wider 20 x 8.0-inch aluminum chrome-clad wheels with new P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires for improved grip and a 3.06 rear-axle ratio for improved all around acceleration.
Challenger’s new second-generation rear-wheel-drive architecture delivers world-class ride and handling with any of its three available suspension tunings and high-performing wheel and tire combinations (in order of increased handling and braking performance):
- Standard on Dodge Challenger SE
- 18 x 7.5-inch aluminum wheels with P235/55R18 Michelin MXM4 all-season touring tires
- Touring brake package
- Standard on Dodge Challenger R/T, available on Challenger Rallye
- 18 x 7.5-inch aluminum wheels with P235/55R18 Michelin MXM4 all-season touring tires (R/T)
- 20 x 8-inch aluminum wheels with P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires (available on R/T and Rallye with Super Sport Group)
- Performance brake package
Super Track Pak:
- Available on the Dodge Challenger R/T
- 20 x 8-inch aluminum wheels with P245/45R20 Goodyear Eagle F1 three-season performance tires
- High-performance monotube shock absorbers and springs
- Performance brake package with high-performance brake linings
- Three-mode electronic stability control (ESC) with “ESC-off” mode
New Second Generation E-segment Architecture Delivers Maximum Grip With World-class Ride and Handling
Performance handling requires maximum grip, and the new 2011 Dodge Challenger SE and R/T models feature redesigned front- and rear-suspension geometries with premium suspension hardware for world-class ride and handling.
At the heart of Dodge Challenger’s new suspension design are isolated, lightweight front- and rear-suspension cradles that create a rigid assembly needed for precise performance.
At the front cradle, new monotube front-shock absorbers, springs and a repositioned lower-front shock-to-suspension-link bushing deliver improved control, ride and comfort. Combined, these suspension components provide improved handling and durability, while reducing the harshness from road bumps compared with the previous Dodge Challenger. In addition, all-new front-suspension hydrobushings — a premium suspension component — reduce ride harshness and prolong smooth braking characteristics.
At the rear, the new 2011 Dodge Challenger’s five-link rear-suspension design features new roll-steer geometry, allowing independent control of camber and toe suspension movement for world-class handling. All-new monotube shock-absorbers and springs make the ride more refined, while improving handling and dynamics. Premium urethane jounce bumpers and suspension links with rubber shock absorber bushings help the Challenger’s rear suspension contribute to a quieter interior cabin. In addition, new upper and lower spring-seat isolators provide additional dampening to Challenger’s rear suspension to deliver smooth engagement over bumps.
A more aggressive front- and rear-camber geometry improve, the all-new Dodge Challenger’s road-holding capabilities. Set at -1.0 degrees in the front and -1.75 degrees in the rear, Dodge Challenger is set up for high-speed cornering with its tires leaning inboard at the top relative to the body. New larger diameter front- and rear-stabilizer bars keep the chassis nimble during cornering and make body lean a thing of the past.
Improved Performance Steering Feel With Energy Saving Electro-hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS)
An all-new electro-hydraulic power steering (EHPS) system transmits precise road feel to the driver and improves on-center tracking and fuel economy.
Depending on the “control mode” within the EHPS system, the system applies variable steering effort to different driving conditions. EHPS analyzes steering angle, vehicle speed, engine rpm and chassis control systems 13 times per second for precise performance-handling feel. When the Dodge Challenger is stationary or moving at low speeds, the hydraulic pump increases power assistance for a lighter steering-wheel effort. The pump reduces steering assistance at highway speeds to give the performance coupe a firmer feel, and as a consequence, the system delivers a fuel savings of up to 1.5 percent by consuming less energy than a belt-driven pump.
All-new Pentastar V-6 Engine Delivers Added Efficiency and an Impressive 305 Horsepower
With its all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine producing 305 horsepower — 55 more horsepower than the engine it replaces — the new 2011 Dodge Challenger SE is the most powerful, refined and technologically advanced entry-level Challenger ever.
The 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine is an all-new design, featuring double-overhead camshafts (DOHC) with dual-independent cam phasers (DICP), integrated exhaust manifolds, polymer-coated piston skirts, forged connecting rods and a high-pressure die-cast aluminum cylinder block in a 60-degree configuration. In addition, Dodge Challenger engineers added an all-new cold-air induction system and dual exhausts from the headers back to the exhaust tips for maximum output. The result is 305 track-ready horsepower (227 kW) at 6,350 rpm and a responsive 268 lb.-ft. (363 N•m) of torque at 4,800 rpm. The engine’s torque exceeds 90 percent of its peak value from 1,800 to 6,400 rpm, which provides customers outstanding drivability and responsiveness.
Thanks to its all-aluminum design, the all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine is 45 lbs. (20 kg) lighter than the previous V-6 engine and provides the new 2011 Dodge Challenger V-6 with a 52.4 / 47.6 front-to-rear weight distribution (compared with 53.5/46.5 previously) for improved balance and handling.
Refinement was a key objective for every component during the design phase of the engine and was achieved by using advanced computer-aided engineering techniques. Structural, intake and exhaust areas of the engine were designed to deliver low levels of overall sound and achieve specific audible quality goals that meet discerning customer requirements. Combined with the use of all-new premium hydraulic powertrain mounts, the all-new 2011 Dodge Challenger delivers refinement in all powertrain applications and RPMs.
Designed to be environmentally responsible, the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine features lead-free engine construction and an environmentally-friendly oil filter system. The integrated oil cooler/filter system uses a filter element which can be incinerated, avoiding the land-fill burden of traditional filter systems. The use of long-life spark plugs and a high-energy coil-on-plug ignition system maximizes component life and helps reduce cost of ownership.
The all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine is manufactured at Chrysler Group LLC’s Trenton South Engine Plant in Trenton, Mich.
New Challenger R/T Features up to 376 Horsepower With Four-cylinder Mode Efficiency
For the performance enthusiast, the new 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T with its the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine delivers up to 376 horsepower (280 kW) and 410 lb.-ft. of torque (556 N•m).
When paired with the newly refined Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission’s Track Pak the 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T delivers smoother shifts, while delivering even more power through unique performance-tuned dual exhaust and under-floor mufflers with low-restriction bottle resonators. The result is 376 track-tearing horsepower that can accelerate the performance coupe from 0-60 mph in less than 6 seconds and a sinister exhaust growl for the cars left in its rear-view mirror.
The all-new 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T’s 5.7-liter HEMI engine with five-speed automatic transmission produces 372 horsepower (277 kW) and 400 lb.-ft. of torque (542 N•m), plus its FuelSaver technology seamlessly transitions to high-fuel-economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is in demand. This optimizes fuel economy when full V-8 power is not required, without sacrificing vehicle performance or capability.
The 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine also features variable-valve timing (VVT) to improve fuel economy in two ways. First, it reduces the engine’s pumping work by closing the intake valve later. Second, it increases the expansion process of the combustion event. This allows more work to be transferred to the wheels instead of being lost out of the exhaust port as heat. VVT improves engine breathing, which improves engine efficiency and power.
Updated Exterior Enhancements Improve Form and Function
To match its unmistakable muscle-car styling, upgraded powertrain and improved handling capabilities, the new 2011 Dodge Challenger features performance-driven exterior enhancements.
At the front of the new Dodge Challenger’s wide stance is a restyled trapezoidal front air dam with a larger opening to cool the legendary HEMI V-8 or potent Pentastar V-6 engine. Providing additional downforce is a larger “duck bill” front spoiler in black to match the coupe’s lower sill.
Larger 18-inch aluminum wheels are now standard equipment on the Dodge Challenger and provide a more athletic stance with wider tires. For added style and performance handling, the Dodge Challenger SE with the new Rallye package now offers the all-new Super Sport Group, providing new five-spoke 20 x 8-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels and even wider low-profile tires. For a touch of nostalgia, Challenger’s iconic bright racing-style fuel-filler door is now standard on all models.
Topping off the new Dodge Challenger SE and the new Challenger Rallye’s good looks are dual-chromed exhaust tips integrated into the lower rear fascia.
Upgraded Race-inspired Interior With More Standard Equipment
The interior equipment in the new 2011 Dodge Challenger is significantly upgraded to give customers added style, convenience, value and best-in-class accommodations.
Transmitting Challenger’s new precision steering and feel of the road is an all-new thick-rimmed three-spoke Dodge steering wheel for better performance feel and grip. The right-sized hand-stitched, leather-wrapped steering wheel features silver metallic painted spokes located at the 3-, 6- and 9 o’clock positions. The new sport steering wheel features back-lit cruise, Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) and available Uconnect® Voice Command controls mounted on the front face, which makes it easier to see at night.
Dodge Challenger’s trapezoidal race-inspired instrument panel now features a new four-bomb gauge cluster with chromed accent rings and new sport-themed graphics. Inside the cluster, a new four-line display EVIC is now standard equipment and shows the driver trip and multimedia information from the Media Center radio.
To make long cruises more comfortable, the new 2011 Dodge Challenger features redesigned seat structures with improved cushioning and more comfortable contours. Challenger’s standard power driver’s seat now features power lumbar for improved back support. To make it easier to get in and out of the backseat, the driver’s seat now features seatback tilt- with memory and an easy-to-reach release handle, while the front-passenger seat adds tilt-and-slide with memory, which makes it even easier to use. When equipped with leather, Dodge Challenger’s new Nappa leather seating surfaces provide a premium look and feel.
Dodge Challenger offers exceptional rear seating for a two-door coupe, achieving best-in-class rear head room (37.4 inches) and legroom (32.6 inches) room compared with its competition. With class-exclusive seating for five, coupled with best-in-class cargo space (16.2 cu. ft.), the new 2011 Dodge Challenger is the segments best day-to-day pony-car choice, offering maximum comfort and functionality.
Next to Dodge Challenger’s LED-illuminated cupholders, a new hand-stitched leather-wrapped shift knob is now standard and provides improved feel while toggling between the coupe’s standard Auto Stick transmission gears.
Finishing the Dodge Challenger’s interior upgrade is the addition of standard automatic climate control for added convenience and improved comfort.
Energized Lineup With Lifestyle Packages Equipped With Performance, Technololgy and Excitement
The new 2011 Dodge Challenger is available in two models: Challenger SE and Challenger R/T. The new Challenger’s product plan now fits in with the Dodge brand’s lifestyle packages, delivering customers more high-value content than ever before.
New 2011 Dodge Challenger SE
With additional standard equipment, improved handling and even more athletic styling than before, the new entry-level Dodge Challenger SE model is well-equipped for the driver who is looking for grand-touring comfort, fun-to-drive handling, iconic styling and an extraordinary value.
New standard equipment includes the all-new 3.6-liter Pentastar engine with 305 horsepower (227 kW), 268 ft.-lb. (363 N•m) of torque, E-85 flex-fuel capability , cold-air induction, five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick, second-generation E-segment architecture with Dodge-tuned touring suspension, six-speaker audio system, electro-hydraulic power steering (EHPS), new Dodge leather-wrapped sport steering-wheel mounted with audio controls, driver-selectable EVIC with trip computer, leather-wrapped shift knob, mini-carbon trim bezel, Keyless Enter-N-Go with remote-windows down, automatic climate control, seat-mounted side pelvic-thorax air bags, eight-way power driver’s seat with easy in-and-out access, electronic stability control (ESC) with Ready Alert Braking and Rain Brake Support. On the exterior, larger and wider 18 x 7.5-inch aluminum wheels, P235/55R18 all-season performance tires, dual exhausts with chromed tips, bright racing-style fuel-filler door and restyled front fascia with larger front-lip spoiler are now standard.
Additional standard equipment on the new 2011 Dodge Challenger SE includes advanced multi-stage air bags, side-curtain air bags, tire-pressure monitoring (TPM), Media Center 130 radio with AM/FM/CD/MP3 capability, front- and rear-climate control outlets, cabin-air filtration, LED-illuminated instrument cluster with 140-mph primary speedometer, chromed-interior door handles, vinyl-wrapped armrest, soft-touch door panels, LED-illuminated cupholders, LED-illuminated front map lights, LED-illuminated rear-reading courtesy lamps, power windows with express up/down, fold-away power-exterior mirrors, 12-volt power outlet, premium cloth seats with accent stitching, driver and front-passenger lumbar, front-passenger seat with easy-in-out access, 60-40 split-fold rear seat with armrest, cruise control and rear-window defroster.
An available lifestyle package offers premium features to the powerful and efficient 2011 Dodge Challenger SE model:
- Rallye package—For drivers who want even more connectivity, comfort and convenience features, the Challenger Rallye adds Uconnect Voice Command with Uconnect® Phone and Bluetooth® streaming audio, console-mounted USB port with iPod® control, auxiliary audio input jack, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, automatic dimming rear-view mirror, front and rear seating in new premium Nappa leather, heated front seats, six Boston Acoustics premium speakers with 276-watt amplifier, automatic headlamps, fog lamps and sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
All-new Super Sport Group Improves Challenger Rallye's All-around Performance
For maximum performance and efficiency, the new Super Sport Group can be added to the 2011 Dodge Challenger Rallye package and includes the new performance-tuned suspension, performance-brake package and larger and wider 20 x 8.0-inch aluminum chrome-clad wheels with new P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires for improved grip and thrilling road-handling capability.
New 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T
Upgraded for the performance enthusiast, the new Dodge Challenger R/T includes a new performance-tuned suspension with rail-like handling, more power and more standard equipment than before. Equipped with the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, this Challenger is designed for the individual who demands muscle-car power with world-class ride, handling, technology and precision.
The new 2011 Challenger R/T includes all the new features on the Dodge Challenger SE, and adds a 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 with new cold-air induction system for 372 (five-speed Auto Stick transmission) or 376 track-tearing horsepower (Tremec six-speed manual transmission with Track Pak). In addition, a new performance-tuned suspension delivers world-class ride and handling, while Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth®, console-mounted USB port with iPod® Control and auxiliary audio input jack, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, automatic headlamps, and power fold-away heated-exterior mirrors make life easier for the Challenger’s driver and passengers.
Other standard equipment on the new 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T includes performance-disc brakes with vented rotors, performance steering, 3.73 rear-axle ratio, 215 mm rear axle, LED-illuminated instrument cluster with 160-mph primary speedometer, instrument panel with mini-carbon bezel, fog lamps, “R/T” grille badge, “HEMI” hood badges and rear body-color deck-lid spoiler.
Two available lifestyle packages pack the new 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T with even more athletic style, premium features and performance hardware:
- R/T Plus package—For drivers who want even more feel of the road with premium refinement and details, this package adds larger and wider 20 x 8-inch aluminum chrome-clad wheels with new P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires for improved grip, front and rear seating in new premium Nappa leather, heated front seats and six Boston Acoustics premium speakers with 276-watt amplifier
- R/T Classic package—Designed for the Dodge enthusiast who wants performance with even more nostalgic muscle-car cues, this package adds dual throwback A-line bodyside R/T stripes in Matte Black, large 20-inch polished-aluminum heritage wheels with new P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires, “Challenger” fender badges in classic script, classic eggcrate grille with heritage “R/T” badge, functional hood scoops, high-intensity discharge headlamps (HID), front and rear seating in new premium Nappa leather, heated front seats and six Boston Acoustics premium speakers with 276-watt amplifier
- For even more style, A-line bodyside R/T Classic stripes are available in Bright White, or new for 2011, Bright Red
Optional equipment groups on 2011 Dodge Challenger SE and Challenger R/T models deliver added value and premium content to pack in even more performance. The following equipment groups are available on the Challenger model lineup:
- Connectivity Group—Includes Uconnect Voice Command with Uconnect Phone and Bluetooth® Streaming Audio, console-mounted USB port with iPod® Control, auxiliary audio input jack, SIRIUS Satellite Radio and automatic-dimming rear-view mirror
- Electronic Convenience Group—Includes EVIC with compass and outside temperature display, HomeLink universal transceiver, vehicle security alarm, tire-pressure monitoring display for all tires, remote start and power fold-away heated-exterior mirrors (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
- Sound Group II—Includes Media Center 430 6.4-inch touchscreen radio with 30-gigabyte hard drive and CD/DVD/MP3 capability, seven Boston Acoustics premium speakers with 368-watt amplifier and subwoofer (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
- Rallye Appearance Group—Includes instrument panel with mini-carbon bezel, hood and deck-lid dual stripes with accent-color outer stripes, 18-inch machined-aluminum rallye wheels with P235/55R18 Michelin MXM4 all-season performance tires and body-color deck-lid spoiler (Available with Rallye package)
- Super Sport Group—Includes 20-inch five-spoke chrome-clad aluminum wheels with P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires, performance-tuned suspension, performance steering, performance brake package and 3.06 rear-axle ratio (Available with Rallye package)
- Track Pak Group—Includes Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission, performance-tuned dual exhaust with two low-restriction bottle resonators, performance brake package with high-performance brake linings, limited-slip rear differential, hill-start assist (HSA), 3.92 rear-axle ratio, “pistol-grip” shifter and bright pedals (Available on R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages [must have 20-inch wheels])
- Super Track Pak Group—Includes high-performance steering gear, high-performance brake linings, high-performance tuned monotube-shock absorbers, P245/45R20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Car three-season tires and three-mode ESC with “full off” (Available on R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages with automatic or manual transmission [must have 20-inch wheels])
- Mopar Exterior Appearance Group—Includes body-color Mopar hood with “T/A-style” hood scoop, deck-lid mounted “Go-Wing” spoiler and “Strobe Stripe” performance graphics (Available on R/T and R/T Plus packages)
- Mopar Interior Appearance Group—Includes T-handle shifter with “Mopar” logo, bright-pedal kit (automatic only), bright door-sill guards with “Challenger” logo, premium carpet floor mats with “Challenger” logo and car cover with “Challenger” logo (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
Available stand-alone equipment on 2011 Dodge Challenger SE and Challenger R/T models includes:
- Media Center 430N radio—Includes 6.4-inch touchscreen radio with Garmin navigation and guidance with segment-leading ease of use, 30-gigabyte hard drive and CD/DVD/MP3 capability (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages; must have Sound Group II)
- Media Center 730N radio—Includes 6.4-inch touchscreen navigation radio, SIRIUS Travel Link with real-time weather, fuel prices and more, 30-gigabyte hard drive and CD/DVD/MP3 capability (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages; must have Sound Group II)
- 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels—Includes 3.92 rear-axle ratio, 20-inch five-spoke chrome-clad aluminum wheels with P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires (Available on R/T)
- Power sunroof—Includes auto-reverse detection (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
- R/T hood-to-fender stripes—Includes parallel “War Paint” style stripes with “R/T” logo. Available in Black, Red and Silver (Available on R/T and R/T Plus package)
- Engine block heater—(Available on Challenger SE, Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
- Spare tire delete—Includes TIREFIT tire-service kit (Available with on Challenger SE, Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
- Deck-lid Spoiler Delete—(Available with R/T and R/T Plus package)
- Stripe Delete—(Available on Rallye package with Rallye Appearance Group)
Innovative Uconnect Media Center Radios Keep Challenger Passengers Connected
The new 2011 Dodge Challenger offers an array of connectivity, infotainment and mobile multimedia options for maximum convenience and to keep passengers connected.
The innovative Uconnect Media Center 430, 430N and 730N radios integrate a 6.4-inch touchscreen display, with a 30-gigabyte hard drive where as many as 6,700 songs – more than 150 hours of music – and photos can be stored. Uconnect Media Center radios also offer two navigation options, including: segment-leading Garmin® Navigation guidance and mapping (Uconnect Media Center 430N), or premium GPS Navigation with SIRIUS Traffic (Uconnect Media Center 730N). Both Navigation solutions feature SIRIUS Travel Link, providing real-time weather, fuel prices and more while on the go. For the driver who needs efficiency, a voice memo-recorder feature allows for convenient reminders up to 3 minutes long. In addition, Uconnect Media Center radios let Dodge Challenger passengers to create a personalized in-vehicle media experience with its available USB port with iPod® control, auxiliary jack for MP3 player input, DVD playback (in Park) and SIRIUS Satellite Radio.
Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth®
Uconnect Voice Command is an in-vehicle, voice-activated communication system that is standard on new 2011 Dodge Challenger Rallye and Challenger R/T coupes, allowing the driver to control radio stations, mobile devices, including smart phones and iPods, and operate a Bluetooth® compatible phone with their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
When the Bluetooth® phone is initially connected, the contact list is automatically downloaded to synchronize as many as 1,000 phone book entries, which can then be selected by simply saying a contact name. It also allows drivers to switch radio modes, tune to AM/FM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio stations and request real-time information from SIRIUS Traffic using voice commands. The handsfree option promotes safety, freedom, value and flexibility (optional with Media Center 130).
USB Port with iPod Control
Integrated conveniently and securely under the center-console armrest, this multimedia input allows the driver to control his or her iPod® or other media device through Dodge Challenger’s Uconnect Media Center radio, Uconnect Voice Command and steering-wheel mounted audio controls. The USB port also provides a mobile recharging station for iPod and USB powered devices. In addition, MP3 and WMA audio files on a USB memory device may also be played and controlled on the Uconnect Touch system.
Uconnect Web turns the all-new 2011 Dodge Challenger into a mobile “hot spot” capable of instant access to websites, e-mail, personalized music, online gaming, photo albums and more. This dealer-installed wireless system provides high-speed data transfer and flexibility, combining Wi-Fi and 3G cellular connectivity for a new level of wireless technology.
SIRIUS Travel Link
Providing the 2011 Dodge Challenger passengers with real-time information and entertainment, SIRIUS Travel Link is available on the innovative Uconnect Media Center 430N and 730N radios. SIRIUS Travel Link provides up-to-the-minute information to make every trip more efficient.
SIRIUS Travel Link includes:
- Weather: shows coast-to-coast weather data, current conditions and 5-day forecasts, detailed storm cell information, hurricane and tropical storm tracking, local wind speeds, and even ski resort conditions
- Fuel Prices: lists prices, locations and distance to more than 120,000 fuel stations across the United States, and can have the Garmin® navigation system route to a selected fuel station location
- Sports: provides scores and schedules from the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, golf, college football and basketball
- Movies: uses listings from more than 4,500 movie theaters across the United States to help consumers plan movie times, theater addresses, ratings and run lengths ahead of time. Dodge Challenger’s passengers also may have the Garmin® navigation system routed to a selected theater location
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
With more than 130 channels of the best music, entertainment and information, SIRIUS Satellite Radio provides customers high-definition entertainment coast-to-coast. SIRIUS Satellite Radio offers more than 60 commercial-free, digital music channels and 60 channels of sports, news, entertainment and children’s programming, 24 hours a day. Regional traffic and weather reports also are included with SIRIUS Satellite Radio. Selecting favorite stations is easy with the Uconnect Media Center radios. Dodge Challenger’s passengers are able to scan channels with steering-wheel controls, utilize presets or select a station with Uconnect Voice Command (e.g. “Tune to Hip Hop Nation”). With premium Uconnect Media Center 430, 430N and 730N radios, SongAlert/Game Alert can notify when a favorite artist or song is playing and can conveniently search both by music category and channel.