Tony Stewart’s Camaro ZL1
Three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champ Tony Stewart enjoys driving on the street as well as track and his sinister-looking Camaro ZL1 reflects the personality of a man nicknamed Smoke.
Stewart visited the GM Design Center, in Warren, Mich., to work with Chevrolet Design Manager Dave Ross to imbue his personality and tastes on the supercharged sports car. The collaboration delivered a custom gray metallic exterior accented with tribal and Smoke graphics in flat red and silver pinstripes. The headlamp lenses were tinted and feature red halo lighting; and this personalized performer rolls on custom wheels with a Piano Black finish and red accents.
Inside, Stewart’s ZL1 feature Jet Black leather seats with suede inserts and scarlet accent stitching, as well as:
- Embroidered Tony Stewart signatures on the seats
- Suede leather door panel inserts and instrument panel wrapping with laser-etched details
- Jet Black leather door armrests with French stitching and white piping
- Jet Black suede leather-wrapped steering wheel with scarlet accent stitching
- Piano Black trim plates and gauge cluster bezel.
The heart of the car is the supercharged 6.2L LSA engine, rated at 580 horsepower, that makes the ZL1 the fastest, most capable Camaro ever, with performance credentials that include:
- 0-60 mph in four seconds
- Top speed of 184 mph
- 11-second quarter-mile ETs (11.93 with the automatic /
- 11.96 with the manual transmission)
- Lapped the Nürburgring in 7:41.27.