The new BMW M4 CS
The new BMW M4 CS (fuel consumption combined: 8.4 l/100 km [33.6 mpg imp]*; CO2 emissions combined: 197 g/km*) closes the gap between the BMW M4 with Competition Package and the uncompromising BMW M4 GTS.
· The new BMW M4 CS, a special-edition model from BMW M GmbH, will be produced in limited numbers from 2017 – 2019.
- The M4 CS also sees BMW M GmbH introducing a new nomenclature for its models. Positioned above the standard M models will be the performance-boosted Competition versions. Then come the CS specialedition models, a notch higher still. Positioned on top are the performance-maximising “brand shapers” which display a clear motor sport or club sport character but are also fully road legal.
- The new BMW M4 CS is fitted with the same six-cylinder in-line engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology that has proved its potency in the existing BMW M4 models. It channels the engine’s power through the seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission (M DCT) as standard.
- The output of the new BMW M4 CS has been raised to 338 kW/460 hp (10 hp more than the BMW M4 with Competition Package) and peak torque to 600 Nm / 442 lb-ft (+ 50 Nm / 37 lb-ft). Fuel economy and emissions are the same as those of the BMW M4 Coupe with DCT (fuel consumption combined: 8.4 l/100 km [33.6 mpg imp]*; CO2 emissions combined: 197 g/km*).
- The new BMW M4 CS sprints from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) in just 3.9 seconds. Top speed is an electronically limited 280 km/h (174 mph).
- The new BMW M4 CS has even sportier suspension tuning to further enhance performance.
- Like the other BMW M4 models, the new BMW M4 CS has been honed at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Its fastest lap is 7 min. 38 sec.
One of the key ingredients in the supreme dynamic ability of the new BMW M4 CS is the rigorous application of lightweight design. The bonnet, roof, front splitter, gurney, rear diffuser and even the single-piece drive shaft consist of carbon fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP). The result is a low kerb weight of just 1,580 kilograms (EU).
- The weight of the door trim has also been minimised, featuring compacted natural fibres and surfacing with a classy carbon-fibre look. The lightweight door pull loops also enhance the sporting character of the new BMW M4 CS.
· The front splitter and spoiler lip on the boot lid have been newly designed and reduce lift.
· The new BMW M4 CS is equipped as standard with M compound brakes featuring blue-painted four-piston brake callipers at the front and twopiston callipers at the rear. M carbon ceramic brakes with gold-coloured, anodised six-piston brake callipers for the front and four-piston callipers for the rear are available as an option.
- A new DTM-design light-alloy wheel variant has been developed specially for the BMW M4 CS in Orbit Grey. It comes in a 9 x 19 –inch format for the front and 10 x 20 inches for the rear. The ten-spoke wheels are fitted as standard with road-legal Michelin cup tyres (front: 265/35 R 19, rear: 285/30 R 20). Higher-profile sports tyres can be ordered as an option.
- The sports exhaust system with four tailpipes – each with an 80- millimetre diameter – have been carried over from the BMW M4 with Competition Package. The four tailpipe embellishers are made from stainless steel and carry the M logo.
- Two new and exclusive colours are available for the BMW M4 CS special edition specifically: San Marino Blue metallic and Lime Rock Grey metallic. Plus, the M4 CS can also be ordered in Alpine White, Sapphire Black metallic or Frozen Dark Blue II (limited availability, est. from November 2017).
- The interior of the new BMW M4 CS is dominated by a mixture of sporty and sophisticated Alcantara and leather. The lightweight-design centre console is likewise trimmed in classy Alcantara, as are the interior trim strips. The handbrake lever gaiter is in Alcantara and also features contrast stitching.
The optional M Alcantara steering wheel is covered with ultra-grippy, anthracite-coloured Alcantara in the finest M tradition.
- Special lightweight M sports seats with exclusive Merino leather and Alcantara covers, plus illuminated BMW M badges in the backrests, accentuate the sporty appearance of the M4 CS.
- The new BMW M4 CS features the rear lights in futuristic OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) technology with 3D effect designed exclusively for BMW M GmbH.
- Standard features designed to increase driving comfort in the BMW M4 CS include the BMW Navigation system Professional, automatic climate control, automatically dimming rear-view and exterior mirrors, plus optional adaptive LED headlights with BMW Selective Beam (dazzle-free high beam assistant). · BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line trim with extended features.
- The new BMW M4 CS special-edition model will be built alongside the M4 Coupe at BMW’s birthplace – Plant Munich. Production is scheduled to begin in July 2017.
- Technical data for the BMW M4 CS at a glance:
Six-cylinder in-line engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology (with two mono-scroll turbochargers,
High Precision Injection, variable valve timing (VALVETRONIC) and variable camshaft timing (Double-VANOS).
Output: 338 kW/460 hp at 6,250 rpm,
max. torque: 600 Nm [442 lb-ft] at 4,000 – 5,380 rpm.
Acceleration (0–100 km/h [62 mph]): 3.9 seconds,
top speed (governed): 280 km/h [174 mph].
Fuel consumption combined: 8.4 l/100 km [33.6 mpg imp]*,