Holden EFIJY ''hot rod reincarnating''
Obviously not intended for production, EFIJY has been a passionate side project for some Holden Design team members otherwise dedicated to creating the all-new 2006 Commodore. A long-term dream for Chief Designer Richard Ferlazzo, EFIJY brought together almost 20 suppliers to highlight the latest in mechanical, electronic and material products and ideas.
Automotive excess pounds through a 480-kilowatt, supercharged six-litre V8 engine and airadjustable shock absorbers through to a touch control LCD screen and fan-cooled LED headlamps.GM Holden Chairman and Managing Director, Denny Mooney, today said the EFIJY project was a bold statement on the creative talent available within Holden’s design ranks. Mr Mooney said the project was developed as a collaboration with suppliers which reduced impact on the company’s heavy work schedule and ensured the highest possible quality result for the showcar. “EFIJY is all about fun, emotion and imagination. It shows what a bunch of clever and talented design people can do when they are let loose to create something really wild,” Mr Mooney said.
“This year was a fantastic opportunity for us to create something which highlights our designers’ ability and versatility. “EFIJY is sure to evoke different memories for everyone who sees it. People might focus on the FJ links, the glorious custom coupes of the 1930s or the great design flair of the 1950s.”
• Length: 5162mm Width: 1999mm
• Height – drive setting: 1386mm Height – show setting: 1274mm
• Ground clearance - drive: 139mm Ground clearance - show: 27mm
• Track front: 1640mm Track rear: 1660mm
• Wheelbase: 2946mm
• Engine: GM 6.0-litre, LS2 aluminium V8 with Roots-type supercharger
• Bore and stroke: 101.6 mm x 92.0 mm
• Compression ratio: 10.9:1
• Power and torque: 480kW (645 bhp) @ 6400 rpm
• Torque: 775Nm (560 ft/lb) @ 4200 rpm